As supply chain executives look towards the future, they are faced with a turbulent sea of geopolitical and environmental complications. With current events such as Brexit and USMCA creating uncertainty in global supply chain strategies, executives need to evaluate every opportunity to improve their long term supply chain strategies.
Ty Bordner, SVP of Marketing & Business Development at Amber Road, and Adrian Gonzalez, the current host and founder of Talking Logistics, discuss this during their 28 minute video interview, From Purchase Order to the Last Customs Mile: Streamlining and Automating the Global Supply Chain. They also explore the current global trade environment and trends that companies are facing, and where supply chain technology will be headed in the future.
The two industry leaders dive in and out of several topics but focus in on answering these questions:
- What kind of challenges does this turbulent environment create for companies? (0:56)
- What separates leaders in the industry from others in how they collect and process data for transactions throughout the supply chain? (3:16)
- Can you describe the “Last Mile” in regards to the customs component of the supply chain – otherwise known as the Last Customs Mile? How are companies currently managing this? Who are they relying on and is their any available automation? (12:58)
- What’s ultimately required to implement and manage a duty deferral program from a technology standpoint? (17:31)
- What attributes and capabilities should companies be looking for or have in place for their supply chain technology platform? (23:16)
When Ty and Adrian get together during an interview, they always provide a dynamic yet informative podcast. Tune in below to see if your company is jumping on valuable opportunities for your supply chain. You can also download the podcast here.
This post was published on May 30, 2019 and updated on May 30, 2019.