How will your company handle trade policy changes? From the latest trade restrictions on the import of solar panels and washing machines, to ongoing NAFTA renegotiations, extensive policy changes are underway. A recent survey of more than 500 global logistics executives found that shippers are divided on the potential outcome of US free trade agreement negotiations and are generally unsure what to expect. Others are scrambling to deal with unexpected trade regulations that have shaken their industries to the very core.
Amber Road wants to help you navigate these changes. Currently, there are eight major policy initiatives in review that could be a big adjustment for importers – affecting both the bottom line and key business practices.
Join Amber Road’s Global Trade Academy as we explore the major changes that should be on your radar during our webinar, The Great Trade Pivot: Changing Policies and Their Impact on Your Global Supply Chain, broadcasting live on Wednesday, February 7 at 2pm EST.
Robin Grover, an international trade lawyer with over 30 years of experience handling all aspects of export and import compliance issues, will cover what you should expect regarding several big issues:
- Status of NAFTA and KORUS renegotiations
- Use of Section 232 to limit steel and aluminum imports
- Possible added tariffs on selected products from China
- Possible Section 301 punitive tariffs on selected products from the European Union
- Section 201 cases on solar panels and washing machines
- Expansion of coordinated agency efforts against Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Evasion
Why remain unsure of the potential impact when you can begin to prepare now? Take the first step and register today!
This post was published on February 2, 2018 and updated on February 22, 2018.